Posted on 05 December 2009
evenstar is a dream, a dream that lets my imagination fly on wings of hope,
hope that my prayers would be answered, answered with a gift, a gift that is
worth everything I may ever be.
They say necessity is the mother of all invention. For me, it has been the
sucker of many odd hours at night leading to the development of a blogging engine.
evenstar is a blogging engine! For the geeks and interested here are
the technical specifications:
- Open-source Java-based blogging engine running on Google App Engine - so anyone with a Google Account can run it for free, yeah!
- Support for multiple blogs via a single instance
- Blog layout templates based on the powerful Velocity templating engine
- A post system featuring author-defined permission on who can view, what can be viewed
- A commenting system featuring various protection modes, on who can view the comments
- An author controlled post URLs - with default automatic mode aka Blogger style
- Integration with popular tools
- Wired with Google Authentication
- Integrated email notifications, RSS/Atom feeds
- Powerful user management - both for authors and viewers
- REST based open architecture - go build your own UI
- Ability to prettify code snippets - for the developer community
- Import previous blogs from popular systems
- Sanitization of incoming/outgoing HTML
- Powerful system to manage which posts are allowed to be crawled and indexed
- Integrated post-search honoring author-defined permissions
This is just a broad level of features planned/in-development. Drop your comments for,
- on thoughts over building this new system up
- for lending a helping hand in this intiative
- for catching an early-preview (sometime late Dec 09)
This is just a small peek into the dream of mine, and I leave it to you to find about the gift I seek.