sslproxy is a Jetty based proxy-server to serve image files from non-secure domains, securely to one’s client.
Thus, clients at https://example.com can access a resource at http://someotherdomain.com/image.png over SSL using
a proxy at say, https://proxy.example.com/hash/key.
This allows to make sure that your users always view the green lock and never a yellow lock in the browser’s address bar due to insecure content.
The project is based on the awesome https://github.com/atmos/camo project that Github uses to make its assets look secure. However, we only support the URL format of
- Very light weight and fast proxy server
- Adds cache headers for one year
- Rejects all non-image proxy requests
- Contains security check to disallow non-genuine clients
- In-built memory caching using Google Guava
- Display of cache stats via simple HTML call
The library is released under the terms of Apache Public License Version 2.